Welcome back! Our last post listed a wide variety of resources to help you with the mechanics of actually getting a blog up and going. Have you taken the leap and set up your new blog yet? Or are you still not sure about this whole blogging business?
Either way, the next few posts will help you. If you’ve set up your blog already, you’ll be contemplating what niche (topic) you should focus on. And if you haven’t set up your blog, there’s a good chance it’s because you have no idea on what you should write about.
Perhaps you already have a general idea what you want to write about, but you don’t know where to start. Perhaps you’re thinking you’ll just write about whatever comes to mind, and see how it goes. Perhaps you’ve already been blogging for a while, and find yourself floundering a bit. Perhaps you have a specific idea and plan, but you’d like to be sure you’re on track to a successful blog.
Over the next few posts, we’ll help you find your way to the perfect blog niche for you. Be sure to ACT on the exercises and suggestions! Here is the plan:
- Choosing a niche: What is a blog niche?
- Choosing a niche: How “niche” should a blog niche be?
- Choosing a niche: Write for yourself
- Choosing a niche: Write for others
- Choosing a niche: How can I find my blog’s niche?
- Choosing a niche: Mind-mapping your niche (part 1)
- Choosing a niche: Mind-mapping your niche (part 2)
- Choosing a niche: Making it uniquely yours
- Choosing a niche: You’ve chosen your niche; now move forward
- Choosing a niche: Ideas for authors: Why is a blog important for authors?; Some tips on creating your author niche and platform; What niche topics might your author blog focus on?; Links to useful posts about author blogs
- Choosing a niche: Ideas for seniors Part 1; Ideas for seniors Part 2
- Choosing a niche: Don’t lose your focus
Question of the day : Are there other aspects of choosing a blog niche (topic) that we might not be covering in the topics above? Be sure to list them in the comments, so we can address them too.
Tip of the day: A blogger puts theory into action. A blogger acts. Get ready, set, go!
Put it into action: Get your blog notebook and pen (and some big sheets of paper) ready. You’re going to want to really participate in the following lessons!